We all love to argue whether we agree to it or not. However, you might find it difficult when coming up with something to boost your argument. An excellent argumentative article will prompt the reader to question their thinking on the subject and even change how they perceive it. The essay might also agitate the reader it the topic goes against their beliefs.
When coming up with an argumentative essay, you should ensure that you have enough evidence to back it up. Do a proper and extensive study to be able to come up with excellent writing. Proper research gives you essay credibility and connection to the readers. Here are some tips that will help you come up with a great essay.
Characteristics of good essay topics
The format and structure of an essay could be easy for you, but when it comes to choosing a subject, it gets a bit confusing. While it is easy to find any title to write about, it is challenging when it comes to finding a unique and captivating topic. A good essay should allow the reader to look at it from different perspectives and well as broaden their minds. The main goal is to try and get them to agree with you and change their thinking.
Many years of plain stubbornness, education, and influences can make an individual adamant that they are right. Below are a few tips to kick-start your essay writing.
Educational Essay Topics
The school curriculum is changing, and our way of thinking, learning, and teaching is also evolving. Here are a few topics to help you get started.
- Should schools ban vending machines on the premises?
- Do you think it’s a good idea for a charter school system to replace the public school ones?
- How does poverty influence someone’s education?
- What are the challenges of home-schooling?
- Is education affected by gender?
Parenting essay topics
Our upbringing has a significant effect on society and culture as a whole. Most people have opinions if how to bring up children, but which one works best? Below are topics that could help you come up with an essay to answer these questions:
- Should men go for paternity leave?
- Can successful parenting improve a child’s literacy?
- What are the best ways to reduce the cost of child care?
- Why is it hard for women to enjoy paid maternity leave?
Legal essay topics
The law is always changing. The change gives a leeway to question some of the rules. Below are a few topics you can use:
- Should the legal drinking age change?
- Should the government legalize marijuana?
- Is the death penalty justified?
- Should the government force immigrants to return to their native homes?
Technology essay topics
Technology is advancing at a fast pace. Most of our daily activities and operations are increasingly dependent on them. People have different opinions concerning technology, and these essays could be an excellent way to answer emerging questions.
- Should schools include smartphones are part of learning tools?
- What are the disadvantages of the increased dependence on technology?
- What do you think is the fate of print media, considering the current trends in technology?
- Is traditional dating losing space to online dating?
- Is the growth in technology a threat to job opportunities?
Choose a subject that is about something you love. Your passion will make it easier to write your paper. It also gives you a better focus on your research and writing. Readers enjoy a lively essay that engages their minds and sparks their interest. Provoke and persuade your readers by being intuitive and presenting your thoughts. Also, validate your point with well-researched pieces of evidence.